With a number of 15 283 flights and more than 1.100.000 passengers in august 2005 (according to official statistics), the international Prague Airport Ruzyne is already one of the main destinations in Europe.
That’s no wonder, if you take into consideration the fact that nowadays discount plane tickets to Prague cost the same or even less than a coach or train ticket from main European cities.
All you have to do is find the right company and book your return tickets in time. And if you take in mind the growing number of companies providing advantageous plane tickets, there won’t be a problem for you to get to Prague right in your favourite season of the year, no matter if you want to travel business or economy class.
The first thing that you see when flying to Prague are the terminals at the Airport Ruzyne. Here is some information that might interest you:
- Capacity of runway system: 203 000 aircraft movements annually;
- Capacity of the terminals for handling tourists: 6,400,000 travellers annually – North
200,000 travellers annually – South 2
- The capacity of the equipment for handling luggage: 3200 (recommended optimum 2400) items / hour – North, 80 items / hour – South 2
- The capacity of the terminal for handling cargo: 100,000 tons annually
The airport’s height above sea level
- 380 m / 1247 ft
Number of Aircraft Stalls
- 38 on the North apron in the basic configuration or 39 in the alternative configuration for the max. number of aircraft
- 21 on the South apron in the basic configuration or 23 in the alternative configuration for the max. number of aircraft
- 2 on the Cargo apron in the basic configuration or 3 in the alternative configuration for the * max. number of aircraft